Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Painted Bathroom

During the last year we've done a number of things to update/beautify our bathroom. This is what our bathroom looked like when we moved in. It was an overload of pink. I talk about our quick fix in Quick New Bathroom post.





To begin with early last summer my dad and husband installed a ceiling fan! Previously there was no fan in the bathroom, and man did the moisture make the walls dirty fast. I opted for a fan with a light to help the shower not be so dark at night.

Later in the summer I primed and painted the bathroom. Man was that an experience. It was the first room I had ever painted in my life, and not the best room to start with. There are so many little nooks and crannies to work around.  I am not quite finished with the painting, though the rest will have to wait until later. I'll be painting all of the doors in the house eventually, so I'll paint the door moldings then as well. 




After the painting came a new light fixture. Goodbye to the 60s. I'm so grateful that the boxed, glittery, gold light fixture is gone! At the same time I also updated the knobs on the vanity to match the light fixtures and curtain rod. Someday I'll replace the rest of the gold hardware on the vanity, but it will do for now. To the right you can see the old ugly light.



Old gold knobs
New knobs
The most recent thing we did was to install a beautiful new water saving toilet. The ugly pink toilet is gone forever (now to just get rid of the pink sinks, and tub). Besides the wonderfulness of the new toilet being white it's nice to know that we're saving water as well. (I know I still need to take the tag off the toilet...well I'll have my hubby do it because I HATE stickers).




It's so nice to have so much done in the bathroom it looks so different from what it did a year ago. I still have more plans for it like: curtains, wall decor, new vanity top/sinks/faucets and possibly tub, and someday new flooring, but I can live with it for now and not be overloaded with pink.



1 comment:

  1. What a great change, I really love the new light fixtures. That old toilet lid was very bad retro. I think a frame around the mirror would look nice, I hear they're not hard to do.

    Visiting from Remodelaholics Anonymous party.

    ReplyDelete