Thursday, August 11, 2011

Refinished Desk

Another piece of furniture that was left in my house when I moved in was a desk. At first I put it in my sewing room and set my sewing machine on it. The problem with this was that it's not a very big desk so there wasn't much room for the fabric to stay on the desk. After receiving a sewing table from my mother-in-law I moved the desk upstairs to put next to my husbands desk so I'd have a place to put my laptop. As I've been going through organizing my house I decided that I needed to put all of my scrap booking stuff in one place, and a good place would be my sewing room. The only problem was there was no desk in there to work on scrap booking. Two months ago I found a desk that I liked at a garage sale It was in good condition and was a decent price to I bought. The new desk was to big for my sewing room so We rearranged our desks upstairs, and the little desk was headed back down to my sewing room. Before It headed down though, it got a makeover.

It started out like this:

And  ended up like this:


Red was not the view I had to begin with. I had planned at first to paint the bottom white, and then to sand and restain the top. I got the white done and it just didn't look right. Taylor agreed with me and he suggested I paint it red instead. I went back to the store and got more paint. Having the desk be red adds a bit of color to my boring green and brown room. Maybe I should start trusting Taylor more on color choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment