Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy 2011

It seems like every year I have the same resolutions. One of these is being more organized. I love having things organized, and can't stand clutter. Yet somehow the clutter wins. Growing up the problem was that I had to much stuff I was trying to keep/fit in my room. Now that I have a 4 bedroom house you would think I'd have more space than I know what to do with. The problem is that we moved into an already full house, well at least a half full house. My Great Uncle left a lot of stuff in the house when he moved to a retirement home. My family spent a lot of time getting most of the upstairs cleaned out leaving only the furniture left. The basement is another story. There are still two rooms that we haven't even touched downstairs.

I know I can't blame everything on the stuff that was already in the house. I brought a lot of stuff as well. Now that I've lived in the house for more than a year I have more of a sense of where I think things should belong...so this year I'm going to organize my entire house and gather like things to one place instead of being spread through the whole house.

In order to accomplish this overwhelming task I've decided to tackle one room a month (for small rooms there may be more than one a month). Within each month I will have one area of the room to focus on.
January- Media/Computer Room
-Desks
-Closets
-Cabinets
-Bookshelves
February-Sewing Room
-Drawers/Shelves
-Closet
-Material
-Laundry Room Cabinets
March-Living Room
-Games/Uncle's left over books
-Music Books
-Records
-Hall drawer
April-Kitchen
-Under sink
-Dishes cabinets
-Seasonings cabinets
-Fridge
May- Upstairs Bedrooms
-Master closet
-Master dressers
-Spare Closet
-Spare Room everything else
June- Sunroom/Shed/Patio
-Sunroom
-Shed
-Shed
-Patio
July- Spare Room/Family Room
-Spare Closet/rest of room
-Old toys
- School boxes
-Any other boxes
August- Food Storage Room
-Inventory
-Get rid of anything that's no longer good
-Get rid of uncle's stuff left
-Make room for canning food
September- Shop
-need dad and brother's help
October- Storage Room
-South Wall
-East Wall
-Middle
-West Wall
November- Hallway/Bath
-Bookshelves
-Cupboards
-Bath closet
-Christmas decorations
December-
Anything that's been missed, but hopefully just enjoy the Holidays


I know this is a big undertaking, and there are different circumstances that will effect the order that I do the different rooms, such as when my brother is able to find a new house so he can take the table that's in the sunroom and his tools from the basement.


I'm excited to take on this undertaking and will share my accomplishments each week on Saturdays. May this year be the best year ever.

1 comment: